Three people overdose; potent heroin batch on streets

CHEEKTOWAGA – The Cheektowaga Police Department took to social media to warn the public after they saw a spike in heroin overdoses Thursday.

They warned of the potent dose of heroin after three people overdosed within a timespan of six hours.

According to police records, the first overdose occurred around 4:51 pm in the bathroom of the Olympic Restaurant at 4611 Genesee Street.  A 20-year-old man was unresponsive and in cardiac arrest.  A person trained in CPR worked on the man before first responders arrived.  A dose of Narcan was administered, and the subject was later transported to ECMC.

A 44-year-old man overdosed hours later at 6:42 pm at a private residence on Cedargrove Circle.  He was transported to Sisters of Charity Hospital St. Joseph’s Campus for treatment.

An hour later at 7:59 pm, an unknown aged male overdosed in the bathroom of the Sunoco gas station on the north corner of Union Road and William Street.  The man was also transported to Sisters of Charity Hospital St. Joseph’s Campus.

The police remind the public that help is available by contacting the Cheektowaga Police Department at 686-3500 or the opiate addiction hotline at 831-7007.

Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.

— Click here to send a News Tip to Cheektowaga Chronicle

— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.

— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.

* indicates required