Terms of Service
By accessing www.CheektowagaChronicle.com (“Website”), you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
CRABAPPLE MEDIA, LLC controls and owns the rights to Cheektowaga Chronicle, all intellectual property rights in and to Cheektowaga Chronicle, as well as all other rights, titles and interest of every kind and nature, including broadcast, digital and any other form of exploitation, recording, representation, marketing, reproduction, access and dissemination thereof by any means or mechanism whatsoever, whether now existing or developed in the future. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download materials on the website for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the website at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Chronicle material may not be used by other media outlets unless a licensing agreement has been granted by CRABAPPLE MEDIA, LLC.
The materials on the website are provided “as is”. The website makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
In no event shall CRABAPPLE MEDIA, LLC, or its website, be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the website, even if the website or the website’s authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The website may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice.
The website has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the website. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions about this Policy or you wish to make changes to your personal information or remove yourself from our database, please contact us through the following form: