CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department and area law enforcement stepped up DWI enforcement over the St. Patty’s weekend – netting seven arrests for DWI offences in the town according to police records.
- Friday, March 17th – Union Road at 2:31 a.m. – one arrest for DWI, blood alcohol content over .08.
- Friday, March 17th – Broadway at 3:59 a.m. – one arrest for DWI, blood alcohol content over .08.
- Saturday, March 18th – 2200 block of Clinton Street at 4:34 a.m. – one arrest for DWI. Vehicle was driving up and down Clinton Street backwards. Also drove over the lawn at McDonalds.
- Sunday, March 19th at 4:13 A.M. in the Town of Cheektowaga, Erie County Sheriff Deputy Zamorek arrested a 29-year-old Sloan resident for DWI following a traffic stop. The driver was also issued a ticket for an improper turn and later released to a relative.
- Sunday, March 19th – 100 block of Central Boulevard at 11:57 a.m. – one arrest for DWI, ability impaired by drugs. 911 caller said driver was slumped at the wheel and appeared to be going in and out of consciousness.
- Sunday, March 19th – Union Road at 4:58 p.m. – one arrest for DWI. Arrest made after police responded for a property damage only crash between two vehicles.
- Sunday, March 19th – Kensington Expressway eastbound at 6:59 p.m. – one arrest for DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and unlawful Possession of Marijuana.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.