CHEEKTOWAGA – Town officials have retained the professional services of DiDonato Associates to examine and make recommendations for traffic signal improvements at five intersections on French Road.
The town will spend $82,000 to have the firm prepare plans, specifications, and bid documents to improve the signals at:
- French Road and Scrivner Drive Intersection
- French Road and Boxwood Lane Intersection (Southline Fire Station)
- French Road and Towers Boulevard Intersection
- South Line Fire District #10 Emergency Signal at 1049 French Road
- French Road and Borden Road Intersection
Councilmember Gerald Kaminski says old technology, a lot of repairs, and an effort to maintain safety at the intersections is driving the need for the work.
“We try and do a couple at a time so we don’t hit with everything all at once,” said Mr. Kaminski.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.