CHEEKTOWAGA – A handful of residents were charged in an underage drinking enforcement operation conducted by the New York State Police and liquor authority Friday.
A total of 12 establishments were visited by the detail originating from Troop A in Clarence. Five people were charged under the New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law Section 65 which prohibits the sale of booze to a person under the age of 21.
The state police say those charged are:
- Darlene Lyman, 34, of Depew, an employee of the Bellevue Hotel, 544 Como Park Boulevard.
- Michelle Dombrowski, 24, of Cheektowaga, an employee of the 7-Eleven Store, 2970 Union Road.
- Cheryl Stephens, 45, of Cheektowaga, an employee of Oasis Convenience Store, 2437 Harlem Road.
- William Arnold, 52, of Cheektowaga, an employee of Town Park Liquor, 2551 Harlem Road.
- Jamey Bierzynski, 54, of Cheektowaga, an employee of Rafferty’s Irish Pub, 2794 Harlem Road.
All were released to appear in Cheektowaga Town Court at a later date.
The state police say the following establishments were checked and found to be in compliance:
- Speedway at 2700 Union Road.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy at 2561 Union Road.
- IV Stallions Lounge at 2912 William Street.
- Spare Time Bowling at 2850 William Street
- Anchor Inn at 2437 William Street.
- J&M Convenient Shop at 2365 William Street
- 7-Eleven Store at 2761 Harlem Road.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.