Firefighters ventilate smoke from Marie Avenue basement

Forks and Bellevue firefighters found smoldering rags on a dryer in the basement upon arrival at 35 Marie Avenue. (Jim Herr/Cheektowaga Chronicle)
Forks and Bellevue firefighters found smoldering rags on a dryer in the basement upon arrival at 35 Marie Avenue. (Jim Herr/Cheektowaga Chronicle)

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – Firefighters were called to investigate a possible basement fire on Marie Avenue around 2 p.m. Thursday.

Forks and Bellevue firefighters found smoldering rags on a dryer in the basement upon arrival at 35 Marie Avenue.

The basement was ventilated by fire crews.  A woman and her dog were home at the time, but were not hurt.

Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.

— Click here to send a News Tip to Cheektowaga Chronicle

— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.

— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.

* indicates required