When Facebook announced last week that it will show users more posts from friends and family, while hiding the news, Cheektowaga Chronicle — along with publishers around the nation — was concerned. It’s ironic that Facebook’s so-called “News Feed” will now suppress news stories rather than help people find them.
Cheektowaga Chronicle works hard to bring the community the stories that matter, and to connect with readers on our Facebook page. Cheektowaga Chronicle has spent a significant amount of time building our Facebook presence because it has historically been such an important megaphone for us in terms of how some readers come to our site. But times are changing, and we have to change with them.
On the bright side, if you’d still like to see Cheektowaga Chronicle posts on Facebook, there are some simple steps you can take. Not a Facebook reader? Keep scrolling, because we have tips below that will help you, too.
5 tips to stay plugged into the Chronicle
- CHOOSE ‘SEE FIRST’ On Cheektowaga Chronicle’s Facebook page, click the “Follow” button (it may say “Following”) and make sure “See First” is checked. You can do the same on a mobile device following essentially the same steps.
- BOOKMARK Bookmark the Cheektowaga Chronicle Facebook page. Like what you see there? Please comment and share our posts, which helps us get greater visibility.
- BOOKMARKS BAR Put the Cheektowaga Chronicle Facebook page – or better yet – our homepage, CheektowagaChronicle.com in your “bookmarks bar” (Chrome) for easy access. It’s called “Favorites” on Safari and “Bookmarks Toolbar” on Firebox. That way you can find our news with just one click. When you’re saving your bookmark, just make sure to choose the location that works best for you.
- PHONE HOME SCREEN Not a Facebook user but want to access Cheektowaga Chronicle quickly on mobile? Put Cheektowaga Chronicle on your home screen. We have directions for that too.
- NEWS IN YOUR INBOX Sign up for the Cheektowaga Chronicle’s Daily Newsletter to get our headlines right in your email inbox.
If you’re a fan of Cheektowaga Chronicle’s work and would like to support us, please share our stories on social media and email. On Facebook, your comments, shares, and likes will help us avoid losing readers. Looking for more ways to support us? There’s a lot you can do.