CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 467 calls over the weekend. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received over the weekend according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
Friday, February 24, 2017
- New tenent at a Bell Street address was making noise at 2:30 a.m. Police advised the subject to keep the noise down.
- A woman complainant on Loretto Drive said her ex-boyfriend was threatening to post her “photos” online. Police advised.
- The 7-Eleven clerk on Dick Road activated the store’s hold up alarm for a fight outside between two men.
- A car on Hillpine Road had its car seats slashed and vehicle rummaged through.
- A person in a motorized wheelchair on Genesee Street was looked at by EMS after the wheelchair fell backwards. Patient was not transported to the hospital.
- A store in the Walden Galleria called to report two sports jerseys were taken from the store the previous night.
- A shopper at Walmart reported that his vehicle was missing from the parking lot. Shopper called police back about ten minutes later to say he found his vehicle a few rows from where he was.
- A man on Crocker Street reported that his former boss is going to have him killed. Police report that it was a civil issue over non payment for construction work.
- Neighbors on Fairhaven Drive were looking for a lost small white Shih Tzu.
- An Allied Waste garbage truck hit a utility pole on Seton Road. Truck could not move because the pole would come down. National Grid responded.
- A man on Cayuga Road reported that his son was sending him threats via text message because he is dating a new woman.
- Minnuto Jewelers called to report that three people stole a pad with eight engagement rings.
- An ambulance was requested to police headquarters to look at an arm injury.
- 15 kids were dispersed from a Reo Avenue porch around 11:30 p.m. Police describe the situation as a large house party.
Saturday, February 25, 2017
- 2 people were fighting with a knife on Windwood Court. One person was checked out by EMS for a minor knife wound. Patient did not go to the hospital.
- Around 2 am, eight people at an apartment along the 1300 block of French Road were told to quiet down a loud party.
- A loud birthday party on Pleasant Parkway was breaking up around 3 a.m.
- A female in the police cell block was taken to ECMC by ambulance for difficulty breathing.
- An iPhone was stolen from a Williamstowne apartment.
- The wind blew over a basketball net into traffic on Lemans Drive.
- Around 1:15 p.m. State Troopers asked police to check the area below the I-90 overpass along the railroad. They received reports of 3 black males throwing things on to the overpass. Police were unable to locate subjects.
- A customer says her vehicle was stolen from the upper level parking ramp near Macy’s at the Walden Galleria. She found her vehicle ten minutes later.
- A Hispanic man stole five video games from Walmart. Police found the man behind 2425 Walden Avenue near the railroad tracks and arrested him. Police later requested an ambulance to 2425 Walden Avenue after the prisoner suffered a seizure. The patient was brought to police headquarters to be checked out by EMS. Patient was taken to ECMC by ambulance.
- A Slate Creek Drive resident said someone broke into his vehicle overnight and stole a backpack filled with clothing.
- A Slate Creek Drive resident said someone broke into his vehicle overnight and stole his company cellphone. Police report was filed.
- A stolen car reported stolen by the NFTA Police was found at the Sunoco at Genesee Street and Harlem Road. Two people were arrested for possession of stolen property. The car was turned over to NFTA Police.
- A person at police headquarters was transported by ambulance to ECMC for a mental health evaluation.
- A woman from the police cell block was being transported to ECMC for detox. She jumped out of the ambulance at Eggert Road and Route 33.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Police checked on two males on Vegola Avenue. A trucked was parked in the driveway of a vacant house. Two men went into the rear yard. The men were working for the bank and had proper work orders.
- A female stole a pair of sneakers from Villa in the Thruway Plaza.
- A resident on Harris Court was advised of the open burning law in the town.
- A resident on Central Blvd detained a 15-year-old who was going through the complainant’s yard and mailbox. The male was escorted to his Eastland Parkway home and his father was advised.
- A man stole a wallet out of someone’s backpack at the Walden Galleria.
- One person was arrested and their car impounded from Pine Ridge Heritage Blvd for forging a New York State Inspection Sticker.
- Police attended to a dispute at the Holiday Express and Suites on Buell Avenue after a woman was giving the front desk a hard time after her dog was left alone in a hotel room and it “destroyed it.”
- The upper and lower neighbors at 72 Marne Road got into a dispute over the dryer. Both neighbors were advised.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.