CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 141 calls on March 28, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- Police went to check out a suspicious vehicle in a McDonald’s parking lot on Transit Road. It turns out the van belonged to an employee of the store, who is currently homeless and living in the car. Management is allowing him to park and sleep on the property.
- Crews responded to an accident where a car crashed into a building on Cayuga Road. The building inspector was called out to the scene.
- A call came in from Dollar General on Union Road. A woman allegedly stole First Aid supplies.
- Police responded to a call on French Road to check out a woman with a history of mental issues. The report alleged she was peeing and defecating around the house. Officers were unable to find evidence of that. Crisis Services was called for an evaluation. The woman believed she had a baby and was married to Tim McGraw; neither appear to be true. Officers were called back to the same house later in the day because the woman was outside in her underwear and would not come in when her husband tried to get her inside. She was taken to ECMC.
- A doctor’s office on Kensington Avenue called police because a patient leaving and upset said he would return with a gun. The man told police he was just joking and it was taken the wrong way. He is no longer welcome at that office.
- Officers called to Pharaoh’s Gentlemen’s Club to file a report about possible credit card fraud. Two men used two credit cards to rack up charges of around $4,000. Now the charges are being disputed. The men’s names were run to get information to the credit card company in case it’s a deal of stolen identity.
- Police spent nearly two hours taking care of a welfare check on Long Avenue. The man living there told his caseworker he wanted to shoot himself and blow up his dog. At first it was unknown if he had weapons. Neighbors went to go and talk with the man; he was agitated about officers being at the scene. Eventually the man said he wanted to be left alone. He was upset because he lost his pills between picking them up at the pharmacy and getting home. A police report was filed.
- Three men were arrested for shoplifting at Walmart on Walden Avenue.
- Crews were called out to respond to a woman who passed out in a booth at Tully’s Good Times on French Road. She was conscious by the time responders got to the scene.
- Police were called out to check out two suspicious cars on Honorine Drive near midnight. The cars were parked in the woods. Turned out to be two lovers who were sent on their way.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.