CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 150 calls on May 11, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- 2:01 am – Police called to Colonial Mini-Storage. Someone there noticed a group in a car driving slowly back and forth near the campers. They believe the group may be casing the campers for break-in. Turns out was a person who has a storage space at the site. They were listening to music.
- 3:03 am – Someone was pulled over for drunk driving on Clinton Street and arrested.
- 8:07 am – A call came in from the Noco Express on Kensington Avenue. A man was outside peeing on the side of the building. He was there multiple times throughout the week. Police were unable to locate him when they got to the scene.
- 9:48 am – A neighbor on Cedar Road was concerned when they saw items being taken out of a vacant house on the street, and put into a strange van. It turns out the people were there from a cleaning company hired by the bank that owns the house.
- 10:58 am – A call came in from the Walgreens at Harlem and Mineral Springs Road. West Seneca Hose needed assistance with an overdose in the bathroom.
- 11:27 am – Police were called to Apple Blossom Treatment Center. A man was outside the main office threatening the staff. They were locked inside the office. The man calmed down and went back to his room. Crisis services and the staff were advised about the issue.
- 3:14 pm – Police were called to Mercy Flight to help escort a post-transplant patient to Sister’s Hospital.
- 4:28 pm – A call came in from a 13-year-old on a school bus. They said the bus driver would not let them off, and they’ve been on the bus for an hour driving around Sloan. The driver said the kids were misbehaving, and they would be taken home.
- 5:36 pm – A woman called from the Home Depot parking lot. She says she hit a man’s car with her door when she got out. The man was yelling at her, and she walked into the store. When she got back, her car was keyed. The incident was caught on camera. A police report was filed for criminal mischief.
- 5:37 pm – A call from Walden Galleria. A woman was caught on camera walking into the front of Victoria Secret’s PINK and she took off with $2,000 worth of merchandise. The woman left the mall. A police report was filed. This is the second police report filed from the PINK store this week. Another on Tuesday also involved a woman taking roughly $2,000 worth of merchandise.
- 6:59 pm – A man on Chapel Avenue is allegedly going and knocking on doors asking for money from people in the neighborhood. Police tracked him down to say he needed a solicitor’s permit. He was also advised of multiple warrants out for him from the Erie County Sheriff’s Office, Hamburg Police, and the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office.
- 8:31 pm – A woman on Euclid Avenue called upset. Three firefighters came to her house to ask for donations. She says she already sent one in the mail. She was advised.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.