CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 159 calls on March 13, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- A neighbor near Dingens Park called in a suspicious vehicle. “Pokemoners” were spoken to by police and sent on their way.
- Resident in apartment at 844 French Road calls to complain about drug activity out of apartment 5 around 2:30 am. Calls have come multiple times from this home. Neighbor was advised about situation by police, again.
- Just before 3:00 am, a neighbor on Beale Avenue called about a potential prowler. They saw a person crawling down near the doorway. Officers noticed footprints in a couple yards, but they were unable to locate a suspect.
- A woman was taken into custody by Cheektowaga Police, after a bit of a chase. The woman tried to start a chase around 4:00 am. She went into the city of Buffalo, where police started following her. Eventually BPD and Cheektowaga Police caught up with her, after her car lost control on the I-90 Westbound, near the I-190.
- A managers for Calspan Genesee Street, near the airport, called to report a handful of power trucks from out of town that are parked in their lot. The drivers had permission to park their until 6:00 am. (The call was made just after 6:00 am.) The drivers were spending the night at the Days Inn. The drivers were moving the trucks as police arrived.
- Caller from Leonard Post Drive complains about neighbor. They say the neighbors keep throwing food bones and other items into her yard.
- Police were called about graffiti found on a fence near a dumpster around 3100 Genesee Street. Building manager told to clean up the graffiti.
- Two women were fighting outside the GameStop in Thruway Plaza around noon. One woman pushed the other woman, and they were yelling outside the store. The two women left in a car, and police were unable to locate them.
- Just a few minutes later, a man was arrested at the Tops at Thruway Plaza for shoplifting.
- A man found a gun at the Wegmans on Transit Road. He turned the weapon over to the front desk at the store, where police took the .38 special. A police report was filed.
- Doyle Firefighters were called out to a lawn mower fire on Claude Drive. The mower was on fire next to the garage. The flames were quickly put out.
- A woman came in to make a complaint to police. She tells officers she advertises online to be someone’s companion. A man from Kenmore answered her ad, and gave her a fake address. He then asked her to go to another spot. The woman was told by police that is not criminal activity. But officers also warned her about the dangers of meeting up with strangers on the internet in locations she does not know.
- Police were called to the Kwik Fill on Harlem Road due to a fight in the lot over a gas pump. The caller said a man ran into a pole at the pump, and then began screaming at a woman in another car, even putting his hands in her car. He ended up pumping his gas, and both drivers took off from the scene. Police advised the victim.
- Security at Walden Galleria called Cheektowaga Police after they spotted a person in a vehicle in the parking lot smoking marijuana. The person gave security “attitude”. Two people were arrested by police. They are facing charges of possession of stolen property and one of the men is facing charges of false personation.
- A caller on Preston Road is concerned about an argument between neighbors. The caller says his mother is outside arguing with one of the neighbors. The neighbor is being accused of taking their recycling bin. Everything was worked out between the group.
- A woman was spotted running outside naked at the Garden Village Apartments. A man then caught up with her, and dragged her inside while she was screaming. Police made one arrest at the scene and filed a domestic incident report. The person in this incident is also facing false personation charges.
- Someone called police to complain about a dog left in a vehicle in the parking lot of Walden Galleria. The call was made at 9:00 pm, and the caller said the car had been in the lot for at least two hours. The car was gone from the scene when officers arrived.
- A call came in from Doino’s Pizzeria on Harlem Road (formerly Peter K’s). The caller said two men were inside the bar, talking about robbing the business and other businesses. A police report was filed, and the owners say they closed the bar early because of the incident.
- A police report was filed after a person on Lille Lane had harassing text messages. The messages indicated she was being followed around to various spots throughout the day. The victim was advised. After the woman left the police station, she got another text saying “not smart leaving the police station”.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.