CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 144 calls on February 8, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the police blotter.
- Minutes after Midnight police responded to the Thurway Plaza Tops Market. The manager called to report a child from Dartmouth Avenue in the City was at the front desk. His mother was called. The child ran away from his home because of a bad report card.
- Police requested an ambulance to check the insulin levels of a prisoner in the cell block.
- A police report was filed for phone identity theft after a Denise Drive woman lost $13,000 from her bank account.
- Energy solicitors on Creekside Drive were advised that they need proper permits to conduct business in the town.
- One man was found and arrested in a covert near the Best Buy after he was seen shoplifting from a store inside the Walden Galleria.
- A Trent Square resident filed a police report for identity theft after they said an unknown person opened a Time Warner Account in their name.
- Two adult women were arrested at the WalMart for shoplifting.
- Police searched the area of the Thruway Plaza after a caller said a black man and a black woman stole a pack of hair from a plaza store. Police were unable to find the subjects, but they did recover some WII games from the Game Stop store in the plaza. The games were returned to the store.
- A man was arrested at the WalMart after he stole a computer router from the electronics department and tried to return it to customer service.
- U-Crest firefighters and police responded to a possible fire inside the Tim Hortons on Dick Road. An investigation found that space heaters were left on. Heaters and tanks were turned off.
- A man was arrested and charged with Burglary after he was trying to break into a home on Andrews Avenue around 11 p.m.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.