CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 146 calls on February 23, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- A Brookedge Road man called police around 1:45 a.m. and said his 27-year-old daughter would not leave his house. She would not leave because the man was trying to dispose of her mother’s ashes.
- An arrest warrant was requested after a driver took off from a police officer during a traffic stop. It happened around 2:15 a.m. on Genesee Street. The vehicle fled towards Lancaster. Its alleged the driver was operating the vehicle without a license.
- Police attended to an early morning verbal argument between a man and a woman on West Sobieski Avenue. Caller said they were arguing and banging on walls. All were advised.
- A woman in police custody who was at Erie County Medical Center was transferred to the custody of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office.
- Two tires on a Toyota Highlander on Marlene Drive were flattened overnight.
- A tire on Christian Drive was slashed.
- Child Protective Services received a call from an 11-year-old saying he was being chased by someone who was trying to kill him. Police found a group of kids at Garden Village Apartments. The group was advised.
- The building inspector will be paying a visit to a home along the 5100 block of Transit Road. Police found a make shift stairwell going to the attic. The attic was being used as a living space.
- Animal Control investigated a complaint of a dog that was stuck in a vehicle for over an hour at the Walden Galleria.
- Police were called to Bory Drive after someone saw a vehicle back into a driveway and a person went into the woods with long guns. The resident of the home was shooting pellet guns. He was advised.
- An ambulance was requested to the police cell block to check on a female with a possible diabetic issue. The woman did not go to the hospital.
- A terminated hotel worker on Genesee Street went to his former place of employment to demand his final paycheck one day early. The manager asked him to leave, but refused. Five minutes later, the manager called back to to say the subject was paid and he left.
- Store employees at the French Road Dave’s Christmas Store called police to have a man removed from their property. The man plugged his phone into their electric and was drinking alcohol.
- A white man boosted a pack of cigs from the Kwik Fill on Broadway.
- A young woman was arrested by police for false personation after they were called to the Walden Galleria because she was being “mouthy and disrespectful” to a store manager.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.