CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 135 calls on February 16, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- A 40-year-old black man was sleeping in the Tops Market on Union Road. He was sent on his way.
- Police arrested a black man in a Harlem Road cemetery after he ran when police investigated a drug possession claim. He was charged with false personation and resisting arrest. He had a Buffalo warrant in his name.
- A man overdosed in a bathroom at the Losson Road Tim Hortons. Two doses of Narcan were administered. He was revived and taken to Erie County Medical Center by ambulance.
- A Lamarck Drive neighbor called police to report that a white man with a blue hoodie was going house to house. Police found the man to have a valid permit to sell windows in the Town.
- A store around 2300 Genesee Street reported that 18-year-old black man was suspected to have a gun. The man was detained on a Buffalo bench warrant. The subject also had a “very life like revolver” that was a BB Gun.
- At 6:30 p.m. an ambulance was called to examine a man in the police cell block for low blood sugar.
- At 7 p.m. an ambulance was called to examine an unresponsive man in the police cell block. He was faking.
- At 7:30 p.m. an ambulance was called to examine an man in the police cell block. Patient was taken to Erie County Medical Center.
- At 7:42 p.m. police had to assist an ambulance that was taking a prisoner to ECMC because the prisoner was fighting. Two police officers rode in the ambulance to the hospital. The man was returned to police headquarters without incident.
- Two adult women were assisted at Walmart for shoplifting.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.