CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – The Cheektowaga Police Department attended to 136 calls on February 15, 2017. The following is a brief report of some of the calls they received according to the Cheektowaga Police blotter.
- Around 3 a.m. a person at police headquarters was taken by ambulance to Erie County Medical Center for a mental health evaluation.
- Several windows on Stradtman Street were shot out overnight. A police report was filed.
- A person along the 300 block of Pine Ridge Road said someone stole his TV for drugs. The subject was at the house. An arrest was made for petit larceny and a police report filed.
- An assault at a Dick Road hotel resulted in a arrest for assault and false personation. A subject was also picked up on a Lancaster warrant.
- A neighbor on Lordan Drive called police to report their debit card was used online fraudulently to make a $1,984.63 purchase.
- A business at 1228 Walden Avenue reported that their business was burglarized overnight and several items were reported missing.
- An adult woman was arrested and charged with larceny for shoplifting from Walmart.
- A person on Victoria Boulevard had a laptop stolen from their car overnight.
- A person on Park Edge Drive had a passenger door and window broken overnight.
- A person was arrested on narcotics charges at Town Court.
- A woman wearing pink pajama pants and a black jacket with purple hair walked into the Thruway Plaza Dollar Tree and started filling her empty purse with party supplies. She fled to the NFTA bus stop and boarded a bus. Police caught up to the bus at E. Delevan and Courtland. Woman got off the bus at Harlem and Freda. Police could not locate the subject.
- An employee at the Tops Market at 3870 Harlem Road was arrested for larceny.
- A customer took a $90 bottle of nutrient product from Harvest Moon Hydroponics on Union Road.
- Three black males on Yvonne Avenue were aggressively selling Verizon and Time Warner products door to door. Police advise them to get a permit.
- The manager of PetSmart on Walden Avenue called police to report the store’s iPad mini was stolen. Told police that 6 or 7 black males in their late teens or early 20’s occupied all the employees and then store the device.
- A Borden Road neighbor called police to say his cousin made satanic comments at his father’s funeral.
- Police received a 911 hangup call around 10 p.m. from a Westland Parkway address. Police learned that a child at the address just learned about 911, so he called.
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.