CHEEKTOWAGA – The Cheektowaga Central High School football team beat out 690 nationwide schools to win one of ten $10,000 equipment grants offered by sports gear company Riddell.
The team was notified with a congratulatory message from Riddell brand ambassador Peyton Manning last week.
“Cheektowaga’s Coach Mike Fatta has implemented “smarter” tactics on and off the field, participating in player safety clinics, sports nutrition seminars, and player-specific development, in addition to providing weekly team dinners to promote family and commitment,” the company said in a media release.
Other schools include:
- Stanton College Prep Blue Devils: Jacksonville, Florida
- East Anchorage High School Thunderbirds: Anchorage, Alaska
- Prairie High School Mustangs: New Raymer, Colorado
- Van Cortlandt Titans: New York, New York
- Springfield Middle School Bulldogs: Springfield, Louisiana
- Seneca-Wauzeka Steuben Cooperative Middle School Bluegolds: Wauzeka, Wisconsin
- Downtown Ministries Falcons: Athens, Georgia
- Lyman Cowboys: Gulfport, Mississippi
- Monument Blizzard: Monument, Colorado
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.