CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. – Volunteer firefighters from South Line and neighboring department’s responded to a kitchen fire Monday afternoon.
The homeowners of 117 Dubonnet Drive returned home just before 12:30 p.m. to find smoke filing their home.
Dennis Rydzynski, Jr. Assistant Chief of the South Line Fire Company was one of the first firefighters on scene. He found heavy smoke coming out of the front door and called for extra fire departments to help put out a kitchen fire.
“Our initial attack was made by Engine 2. They did an inch-and-three-quarters into the front door and went in to attack the fire,” said Rydzynski.
The cause of the fire was an unattended toaster oven. Damages from the fire are estimated to be between $1,000 and $10,000.
No one was hurt.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”17″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”100″ thumbnail_height=”75″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show as slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Copyright 2019 Crabapple Media, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without prior permission.
— Scammed, ripped off, or need help with an issue with the government? Let us know and Chronicle Connects will try to help bring a resolution to your issue.
— Subscribe to our mailing list below and read the latest news from Cheektowaga Chronicle in your email every morning at 9 am.